In 2008, the General Assembly of North Carolina has established a program of society with a certified retirement, led by the Department of Trade Tax. This community development program for those cities that want to attract retirees in their area as an economic strategy and the development of society.
The program means that the city has a quality of life that want the old residents. The potential benefit to make the city attractive to retirees, significant: the accumulation of wealth, which was brought to the area, attracted developers to build affordable housing and the legacy of the & # 39; objects existing pensioners remain in the community.
Texas has achieved great success with certified communities pensioners (CRC) and estimated that every pensioner household, which moves to the state, creates 1.5 jobs. Society program with a certified retirement GO TEXAN operates since 2006 and is currently updating information on the impact on the CRC members of the community. In the town of Cuero, Texas, two years it indicated CRC. Randall Malik, executive director of the corporation Cuero Development, accredits a newly built kindergarten, which provides assistance to live in houses and adults.
To consider the question of certification, local government must submit an application to the Development Division of the Department of Commerce community. City assessed according to criteria that are important to seniors: affordable cost of living, low taxes, low crime rate, quality health care, recreation, education and cultural opportunities and welcome society. The population does not hold certification or rural or urban institution. Lack of affordable senior housing is also not out of & # 39 is a problem, because if certified, developers may affect the construction. Symbol has a five-year period, after which communities will consider re-certification at the end of five years.
Ministry of Commerce has established eligibility criteria for the certified community of retirees.
- Located 30 miles from the hospital or emergency medical services (there should not be within the city limits).
- Get support for churches, clubs, businesses, the media.
- Turn the fee for an application for the program of community of the 21st century in the amount of 10 000 dollars. If the city does not receive certification of 10 000 dollars will be returned.
- Send the completed plan of marketing and public relations, designed to achieve the objectives of the program in the Ministry of Commerce.
- Submit a long-term plan, which sets out the steps being taken by the community to maintain or improve its desirability as a destination of retirees.
- Create a commission to attract retirees to be established within six months before the city can apply for certification. Applications are accepted twice a year in January and June / July, and to consider the need for a few months. Committee:
- Evaluates company and present a report to the Department.
- It sends a representative committee on public education meetings, which are held 21str Century Communities program.
- Collects the funds needed to run the program, organizes special events, promotes and coordinates the program with local actors.
- Ustanavlyae image of the group, evaluates the target markets and develop a marketing plan and public relations, designed to achieve the objectives of the program.
- It is developing a system that defines and establishes the connection with existing and future pensioners who will provide guides when visiting the community and invite potential for special events company and maintain regular contact with prospective as potential decides to retire.
Communities chosen for certification will receive inclusion in state-level marketing efforts, technical assistance, the possibility of creating networks and grant financing to support its programs.
What Takeo FOR RETYREYS?
If retirees looking for retirement community, a significant part of the verification procedure has been completed the process of state of North Carolina certification. A pensioner can be sure that the city will be welcoming and will have a minimum level of facilities and services.
At the time this article was published, Lambertan, North Korea was the only certified retirement community in North Carolina, developed in 2010. Horse Races – the coordinator of the center / rekruter retired in Lambertane and performed together with its Committee in the development of the certification program. North Carolina. Today, there are three cities in North Carolina that are certified as retirement communities: Eshebara, Marion and Sanfard.
For more information you can visit:
http://www.nccommerce.com and see Tourism. Programs and Services
http: // www.ci.lumberton.nc.us/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=174&itemid=252